When you decide to enjoy one of the horror lifestyle items reviewed on these pages you aren’t going to walk away disappointed. Focus only on the best stuff available for horror fans. We hope this site will help you in your horror journey in a practical way, or at least that it will amuse and entertain you.
- We grouped the topics in this section together because any horror fan having an active interest in any of them demonstrates a specialty-grade interest in the genre
- You will benefit from my going over horror things to curate them for you
- What Shock Depot gives you is a way of going directly to the horror stuff that matters
- Do it without the distraction of having to wade all over the internet for deals, promotions, offers, and bonuses; when shopping for the best horror merchandise
- It’s a Big Horror Heap
- How to Contribute Content
- Some of The Horror Lifestyle Content
What Is Horror Lifestyle?
I’ve seen some very wonderful things there, but only in Second Life.
Now, something that is not difficult to find out, in the topic of horror in virtual worlds, simulated traditional horror amusements like walk-ins, ghost trains, and fun houses are just the gateway drug.
|Extra motions to begin||Connect and go|
|Region-restricted engagement||Grid-wide friending|
|Unknown quantity of horror amusement simulators||A steady flow of ghost trains, fun houses and similar sims|
One thing about the metaverse without taking on account the horror genre: it’s inherently creepy. That declaimed, horror, darkness and negative takes on life are common there.
My experience was with Second Life only. I never ran open sim. Maybe I’m scared? Maybe.
For the places I saw and the kinds of interactions I witnessed I dare say, it’s not the dark web, but it’s not lagging too far behind in moral bankruptcy, idiocy, crass commercialism, and concentration of lowest common denominators.
Now, take it from me. If you use it just for a simpleton’s pleasure of innocently connecting to enjoy horror amusements go ahead if you didn’t already.
In my experience, the constructive, highly pleasurable aesthetic experience that the love and sweat of those that created horror amusements produced in me felt ruined each time I went elsewhere and I tried to mix with the virtual world at large.
Besides, if you don’t have too much free time to spare, with everything there’s to see of uncomplicated horror amusements, most of which you can find through the client’s search, it is enough for not needing to engage with other Second Life users to find good simulators.
To give an example. I found a ghost train simulator once that occupied a whole region. A region is 65,536 square meters or a square of 256 by 256 meters. More or less the equivalent in size of a three by three blocks neighborhood.
It was wonderfully thought out. The whole place was a big ghost train, but it had stations. You could go down in the stations and visit a small horror location that had its own theme and felt detached from the rest.
There is a lot of creativity like this, but in an unregulated place like the metaverse, you also have the downside of it lending itself to abuses. Like a very big funhouse simulator, I once visited that was a mess.
It grabbed you and didn’t let you go. It was hopelessly broken, but somehow the little of itself that it showed to you made you want to see what was inside the broken rooms and navigating the broken rooms was a nightmare and a very annoying experience.
- Black Metal
- Movie Soundtracks
- Many more, like this one:
Seasonal Horror Lifestyle Stuff
Horror Home Decor
Horror Dark Rides
It may look childish to include horror dark rides as a horror lifestyle thing. Still, horror dark rides deserve more love from the horror crowd than the one I think they get. It may appear a shallow topic, but if one has a slight interest in ghost trains and similar dark rides, one is going to find that there’s a lot of interesting things to learn from this commercial art form.
Try some of the Content in this Section
It’s a Big Horror Heap
In the case of Etsy, if you don’t refine the search even if you navigate the 250 pages that a search for that phrase gives isn’t going to show you everything, you need to use the advanced search. I counted how many I could see if I went through all the 250 pages, and it was just over 3000 products only.
How to Contribute Horror Lifestyle Content
- Before posting, please read at least a couple of articles on the website that is the same type of article you intend to contribute
- In the body of the article, link to outside sources, your website, your social media profiles, or any other pages at your own discretionWrite a copyright notice at the bottom of the article to make it clear that all the rights to the content you contribute to this site stay with you
- After you post the content you want to publish on this website, wait for several days and return to see your approved contribution live
- If there was some issue with your contribution you’ll receive either an email if you haven’t registered yet, or a direct private message on this website if you already created an account
Can I contribute content anonymously?
You sure can, but if there are major issues with your contribution and we don’t think the content is ready to be published, then you agree that we will minimally edit it to comply with the website’s style guide.
How is my contribution going to be rewarded?
The first reward is having a quality venue to publish your content as pages, as opposed to posting it in free blogging, phloging, or vlogging platforms. Other than that, that is a kind of off-site reward, you will also be reward with on-site rewards that we have yet to figure out.
Will my registration and/or contribution count for the on-site rewards if I register now that the reward system is yet to be implemented?
Yes, of course, once the reward system goes live each of your previous interactions with this website, not just registering and contributing, will be recorded and will convert to tokens, credits, or whatever method we end up choosing to tally your investment on this website.
Some of The Horror Lifestyle Content
- Halloween Songs YouTube: 12 Astounding Horror Mixes
- Horror Collectibles: From Inexpensive to Blue-chip
- The Coolest Horror Amusements to Creep Yourself Out
- Horror Social
- Today Vampira would have Celebrated her 98th Birthday
- Connect with Bholenath on Social Media
- 5 Free Horror Music Streamers on YouTube
- “Vampira: Dark Goddess of Horror” Review
- Horror Games: SL’s TOP HAUNTED PLACES TOUR & HUNT
- Get Started with the Horror Metaverse for Free
- Horror Comic Book Case Study: DC Vertigo’s HELLBLAZER
- Horror Lifestyle — 7 Niches
- Horror Social Media Analysis #1: Facebook
- Horror Games: Haunted House of Horrors and Halloween
- Horror Games: Second Life’s Chilbo Haunted House
- Horror Games: Spooky Interactive Haunted House
- Horror Games: Second Life’s DarkDharma’s Haunted Manor
- Horror Games: Second Life’s DarkDharma’s Haunted Forest and Skull Caverns
- Horror Games: Second Life’s Crazy Clowns Funhouse
- Horror Games: Second Life’s The Hum and The Shiver
- Horror Games: The Greatest Halloween Ride in The World EVER!
- Horror Games: Sinatra’s Spook House on Second Life
© Shock Depot 2021–2023 — Subcategory Page for Horror Lifestyle